Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy BIRTHDAY Kambria

Well I figured that I would do the right thing and post some pictures of my new baby Girl. Just so you know Shandi is still in the Hospital recovering and she was awesome. I decided that I would tell the story so that everyone knows.
Last night Shandi and I were getting ready for bed and Bryan always asks when his sister is going to come out. So we always would tell him, "when she is ready." Well that wasn't going to work anymore for him and he wanted the baby to come out. So in his nightly prayer he prayed that she would come out tomorrow. After the prayer we smiled at each other and we decided that we were going to play some tetris. Well Shandi had a few good contractions for about an hour and then we went to bed. Well the next day Shandi came and picked me up from work to go to her appointment around 2:45 p.m. on Jan 20th. All the time joking about the fact that all of our kids have been born on the 20th of a month and today was the day. We got into the room and the doctor checked her and he said "well looks like your going to the hospital because your already at a 6 or so." We both just laughed and said " you have got to be joking right." Well he wasn't and we went and got Shandi's bag from home and checked into the Hospital. (No one believed that we were going to have a baby) As we walked down the hall several people asked "are you the one that is having the baby, you can't be! That is not right that your that far along and you are just walking down the hall." Well to make a not so long story shorter they broke her water at 5:15 p.m. or so and at 6:39 out came the baby. Shandi was so awesome, I was amazed. First she didn't have any drugs or pain medication. I could only think PAIN, LOTS and LOTS of PAIN. But she was a champ and is feeling good. (as good as you can feel after having a baby) But here are some pics. I am sure that she will write and tell you more when she gets out, but I am a proud husband and father. I don't know how people can not believe there is a God and and have gone through such a spiritual experience. Oh ya Her name is Kambria Skye she was 6 lbs 13 oz and was 20 inches long. Light brown hair. Just the most perfect thing.













































10 comments:

Tawni said...

I am so excited Kammy is finally here! And I'm even more excited to see her tomorrow! Congrats to you and the kids. I can't wait to see my new beautiful niece!

Leah said...

Congratulations! She's just adorable. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

LuAnne said...

Hey guys! Congratulations :) Steve & I were both laughing when we got the text that she had the baby, because we knew it was the 20th. That's awesome! She's adorable, tell Shandi good job & if you guys need anything, let us know.

Christine Bushman said...

That is too funny about the 20th for each b-day. We kinda have the same thing... all of the boys were born on even number days and also at a quater pass or a quater two the hour.

Congrats on your little girl!!

We can't seem to do that in our house! We have BOYS! We are just waiting for ours to come, but I don't think it will happen until after the 14th of next month...still too many things to do and get done!

Kourtney Dawn said...

COngrats she is cute! hope you are doing great.

{kim} said...

Congrats on your new baby girl! She is beautiful, and so is her name!

Emilie said...

Wow! Another cute little Larsen. Congrats guys :) Shandi you are a trooper. And on the 20th again??? Thats awesome. You won't ever forget your kids birthdays :) She came fast! Way to go. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Dayna said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you to have a girl. I know she will be so beautiful! Glad you and the baby are doing so well!

Jamie said...

That is so great you guys! I am glad everything went so well. Shandi, you are a champ. Give me drugs... :) I can't wait to meet her!

Daniel & Shandi said...

congratulations!! gorgeous, gorgeous baby girl.